As you all know, the Super Bowl is this weekend. If you are planning a Super Bowl party, it is important to serve good food and drinks for your guests.
Whether you are into the game, halftime or all of the new commercials, it is important to keep your menu simple with easy dishes that you can make ahead of time.
A buffet table is a perfect plan so your guests can serve themselves easily throughout the game.
A Cheesy Football will catch everyone’s attention when they arrive.
Of course, chicken wings are always a favorite at Super Bowl Parties. Here is a great recipe similar to what you get at restaurants (it might not be the healthiest dish but it’s a Super Bowl party right?)
- oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 chicken wings
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely, an inch or so deep. Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended. Remove from heat and reserve for serving.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Place chicken wings in a large nonporous glass dish or bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated. Cover dish or bowl and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Fry coated wings in hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until parts of wings begin to turn brown. Remove from heat, place wings in serving bowl, add hot sauce mixture and stir together. Serve.
For those of you ,who like me, have more of a sweet tooth a great choice would be Brownie Footballs from Betty Crocker.
Beer is usually a crowd favorite at Super Bowl Parties, but if you want to change things up a little try making a Beer Margarita.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 12 fluid ounces tequila
- 12 fluid ounces water
- 12 fluid ounces beer
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Pour limeade, tequila, water and beer into a large pitcher. Stir until well-blended and limeade has melted. Add plenty of ice and garnish with lime wedges.
I hope that you are able to sit, relax, eat and enjoy the game!